We take our clients’ financial privacy very seriously. During the course of processing your application, we accumulate non-public personal financial information from you and from other sources about your income, your assets, and your credit history in order to allow a lender to make an informed decision about granting you credit. We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we received from you on the applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your account balance payment history
- Information we received from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history
We may disclose the above information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers, securities broker/dealers, and insurance agents
- Non-financial companies, such as title and escrow companies, appraisal companies, etc.
- Others, such as non-profit organizations
We may disclose the above information to companies performing marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. By sharing this information, we can better understand your financial needs and offer products to help you better reach your financial goals.
The information sharing described above is subject to your right to direct that we do not make the disclosures and this opt-out right is described below. We may disclose non-public personal information about you, including consumer report type information that relates solely to our transactions and experiences with you, to our affiliates, and this information sharing is not subject to an opt-out right. We may wish to share consumer report type of information that does not relate solely to our transactions and experiences with you (“Other Information”) with our affiliates who may have products or services that are of interest to you, or who may be able to offer assistance in connection with your transaction. You have the right to opt out of our sharing of Other Information with our affiliates.